Sunday 22 March 2015

My Badge is Impressed Upon My Heart

Well this week, has been a lot better, I definitely have seen the Tender Mercies of the Lord in my life, like we went up to a place called Montville and we got to look at the view of the Glass House Mountains, and walk in a Rain forest and all, well it was really awesome, and all, as when we were looking of the view of the mountains, it was quite cloudy and I felt like saying a prayer, so I said a prayer with my Companion Elder Derhak and Brother King and his son Benny, and as I said it, a massive ray of Sun, just burst threw the clouds and landed straight on me!!! It was such a Beautiful experience and all, looking back, I was thinking what a similar experience that Joseph Smith had and how important it is sometimes to have our own Sacred Grove experience :) as we were in the Rain Forest we saw Baby wallabies hopping around and afterwards we played some Soccer (Football) Also Anthony and Vicki went through the Temple last week, what a wonderful experience it was for them, that same weekend Anthony also received his Patriarchal Blessing, and Vicki is getting her's so soon :) Also Anthony is preparing to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood in May :) He is already Progressing so much. 
We also had an incredible miracle happen, we were on Trade-offs I was out with one of the Assistants we were knocking doors and we knocked for ages and no one was home, not a lot was happening, then we knocked on this one door and a 15 year old boy called Cory came to the door, we spoke to help and told him, we could help him find God in his life and help him come to know the Saviour Jesus Christ more, we asked him if he would like to learn more he said he would be interested, we said that becuase of your age, we are going to have to get permission from your Mother first, so we got a return appointment on to go back on Saturday, so when we went back on Saturday, we knocked on the door and Cory was not there, but his Mum answered the door and said Cory was away at his Father's and gets to see him once a month, she then Proceeded to tell us that she was a super Inactive member, who had joined the church when she was younger and then was Re-Baptized at age 21, a held a calling and was an active. She said she was not on the records, but that she would love for us to come again and help teach her son Cory and Convert him. :) 
I ended up also having a lovely Birthday here and visited Members like all day, and was fell feed and had another surprise Birthday party here at Lion's park!!! Then in the evening went down to the Mooloolaba Esplande and saw Anthony and Vicki, and Vicki, got this man to play the guitar and sing me and song in front of every one, it was ''Purple Rain'' by Prince she said this is the song she wanted to sing me!!! It was the sweetest thing :) Also the best Ice Cream here or ''Popsicle'' has an interesting name but it is the bomb, just totes mcgoats the best it is called ''Golden Gaytime'' and my friend in the ward, she made me a Golden Gaytime cake, it was just soooo good!!! just Dangerous. I also got a pair of Aussie Thongs!!! and a heap of Caramel Koalas, Buderim's the Best!!! I don't ever want to leave Buderim, just because the relationship I have with this ward in unreal :) It was also pretty warm out lately and I was loving it, it was around 37 degrees which is probably around 98 Fahrenheit and all, and that is not bad for Autumn ;) 
We also had great success, this one time we were out knocking doors a few weeks ago, and we spoke to a 16 year old Rugby player called Benny, who had met missionaries in the past a year ago. We got on really well, Benny also has two sisters one age 18 called Jasmine and one age 21 Called Savanna, when we meet them, we got on super well, and this one time after we had finished talking to them and walked off, they ran after to catch up and said we could come anytime, so we saw them again and then, we have built up a good relationship with the parents, we saw them on Saturday evening and ended up having dinner with them, and we are going to watch Benny play a Rugby game on Wednesday evening and then they are coming to watch 'Meet the Mormons'' with us on Thursday at the cinema, we know great things will come from this and that as we introduce these awesome people to some more YSA miracles will Happen. 
Also last night we ended up having a BBQ, at our friends place and he had family over from Arizona, they are from Yuma, one of my good friends here on my mission was from Yuma, well me and my friend from Yuma, had the best of times, just so many crack up times, and I asked this couple who were visiting from Yuma if they knew this family and they were like, yes we know them, your friends Dad was our Bishop :) what a small world, I treasure experiences like this. 
Also hopefully Chelsea Coalfax will be coming to listen to my final talk in Sacrament meeting, it is hard to believe that next week, is my last on my mission, but I'm smashing this week and my last week, going hard in the paint!!! Also I was talking to this awesome girl yesterday at my friends mission farewell, party, she is going to the Temple Square Mission, so I will see her later this year anyway, well one the people i was talking to know's Kate Mathieson and she just got back from her mission in Korea, it's unreal how fast it went, i really hope to see her before I leave, and I have got her to pass on a message to Kate and hopes she can come up to Buderim on the 5th of April for the 9am session of Church and here my farewell talk. 
Also a big shout out to Caitlyn if you are reading this and can come to Buderim on the 5th of April at 9.00am to hear my farewell talk the address for the chapel is 1 Sunbird Chase Road, Kawana, it's just of Nicklin way. 
Also Toni is getting baptized this coming weekend, on the 29th of March at 4.00pm, she is so excited and really really wants it, a lot of hectic az things have been happening lately, but I can't wait for her to get baptized and all :) It is so exciting :) 
Also we have the coolest experience and miracle this morning Brother ''the Man'' Smith our Assistant Ward Mission leader came around this morning, to tell us some good news :) One day, while he was waiting for the Elders at are Flat, the one's that were hear a while ago, he decided while waiting to talk to our Indian Neighbors who are the sweetest people ever, he left them with a Book of Mormon, and he wrote his testimony in it and put his phone number in it and gave it to them, the Book of Mormon, then was sent to India, when It reached India, it waited there a while, before being sent back to Brisbane, where this woman who has been in Australia for a week, while she is studying over hear with her husband, found the Book of Mormon and read the testimony inside it and called the number and spoke to Bro Smith and she said she wants to get baptized, so I then called the husband after receiving some information, and I wanted to speak to Poonam, that is his wife's name his name is Vikram and we chatted on the phone for about 30mins, his wife Poonam was away at univeristy, we had a great chat, he said how he had been stiudying the bible for 3 years back in India, and before they moved here he prayed that he would be shown the way and that is when the Book of Mormon showed up. So I got all his information and his house address and I'm going to call the missionaries near Brisbane to go and teach and baptize them, as he expressed over the phone how he wanted to join :) also on my last day, I'm going to try and meet up with him and give him a Book of Mormon in Hindi with my testimony in it :) 
It had been a great week!!! we just went hard knocking doors the whole of Saturday and wow did the blessings come with over 10 return appointments. The Lord really is Hastening his work in this part of the vineyard, I can't believe next week, is my last week as a missionary, although i will also be a missionary, as my badge is impressed upon my heart :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment