Monday 26 January 2015

CROC! CRICKEY!

So It was super awesome as here in the mission for like only like the 2nd time or so here in the ABM mission, we got over 700 convert baptisms in a year, and the only other time we have done that or achieved that here is when Papua New Guinea was part of the mission, we ended on 702, which was incredible and a lot of miracles are being wrought here, Toni and her children and loving church, we even got to meet Toni's mum yesterday and she said she is so happy that Toni found the church and it's the best for her, I played some sports with her kids, Soccer and Cricket, I will have to teach you how to Play Cricket, just for fun :) It was so sweet at church as Matilda Toni's 8 year old, knew we were coming on Thursday as she was like this sucks I have to wait until Thursday to see them, so we dropped in a surprise visit yesterday and wished them a happy Australia day!!! It was a sweet day,It's cool here as people just shout out AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI. I'm helping my companion with the Lingo teaching him some 'Stralian'. They cut off the end of like every word here to pronounce it hahah, It know heaps of the terms and look forward to you hearing me give them a crack. Elder Derhak is the man and he is settling in really well, day by day, getting accustomed to the Aussie Traditions and what not, I Love him to death. It's really great training a missionary as you just Love them. and then you realize in yourself how far you have come, then I realize how far I still have to go :) I Love flying the Aussie Flag and Yesterday was a Rippa of a day!!! Nothing but chucking a few shrimps on the barbie ;) Always I'm super close with my Bishop and he is actually coming on holiday to England the week after I get home, so we are going to hopefully meet up, all though he is in town for only a few days, super excited though as i think it would be sweet if he can meet my family :)  maybe we will all go out for picnic!! So also American food here is super expensive I look forward to trying a Twinkie when I'm with you, as I can't afford them here as they are $27 for a little box!!! Also my companion's Birthday is coming up next month and I'm going to take him to the Australia Zoo for it, I asked straight away, when he Bday was he said in February, I was like RightO I'm taking you to the Zoo!! So that will be sweet az hahah ;) Also something I want to do, is if you buy an annual pass for the Zoo, you can go unlimited times, And it only costs as much as if you were to go twice, I would have got it the first time, but I never thought I would be able to go again, so next time I'm going to Buy an Annual pass, although it will be like the last time I go to the Zoo before I go back, but I'm just going to live the Annual pass in the Flat with a note attached to it, saying ''you might not know me, but here is a gift to you an Annual Pass to the Australia Zoo, also take care of my companion, work hard, play hard and have fun'' I think that would be a cool little gift for the new person. :) So I have to tell you something super awesome which happened, it was crack up and funny and random az at the time, So we were out knocking doors, on this street and over in the Distance I was like I think that looks like Sister Larkin, and then I noticed a Turtle following her and it was in the middle of the road, and I was super confused I was wondering and thinking wait why is sister Larkin walking her pet turtle and why is she walking him in the middle of the road ???? why not just the side path??? wait??? does sister Larkin even have a pet turtle hahaha??? It must be a wild one I thought, she we rush over to her and she was like I'm trying to rescue this turtle, I don't know what to do, I'm like I'll just go pick it up, she like are you good with animals, to reassure her I was like well I used to work on a farm, and I was thinking as a joke they don't call me the dog catcher for nothing ;) haha, well I ran and picked up before he got smashed by a car and we then put him in a bucket of water and then later released him back in to the wild and all!!! I was hoping they would actually keep him as a pet though!!! I have got a few pictures of me holding the turtle it's a long neck one and I will send them to you my love :) I mean I know I Love catching dogs and all, But i never thought I would catch a wild turtle. Well I now I'm just on the hunt for all different animals, next time I catch a wild CROC!!! CRICKEY!!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment