Monday 16 June 2014

Baptism, Skype Home, New Place, New Companion= Amazing Week

I'm in a new area with a new companion, his name is Elder Parsons and he is from Australia, he is from Perth. He is a really great guy and I'm excited to start to serve with him, he has been out 1 transfer longer then me . I'm now in an area called Camp Hill, I'm excited to start serving here and will let you know how it goes, we just got back from the Transfer meeting, it was wonderful, went super well and guess what i Live now just a 5 minute drive from Brisbane City, I get this perfect view of the city on top of the hill. It's really great as just before I left Eight Mile Plains, I met this woman, who knew some people in my ward back home and every week for 18 months went to the London Temple, she said she was from Camp Hill, so hopefully I will see her again, now that I'm around her area. I Loved my time serving in Eight Mile Plains It was amazing, I saw a lot of success in that area, people coming to follow Christ more fully in there lives by entering the waters of baptisms, being able to baptize some incredible people and reactivating people who had not been at church in a long time. I left EMP, on the best note, Georgie, got baptized on Sunday, the 15th of June and it was an incredible and wonderful service, Georgie was also confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints straight after, we got special permission to do so, wow what a way for me to end leaving that area, I'm the happiest person, that I was able to see Georgie get baptized and confirmed, I can't describe to you all, how amazing it was, she was baptized by her uncle a fantastic man, when I first got to EMP half a year ago, I met Georgie, her family, mum and Dad started coming back to church, and Georgie started taking the discussions and was amazing, soaking up every aspect of the gospel, we always had tender lessons and her 1st cousin Halen was able to come with us to attend, he is preparing for a mission, when he lives I probably would have finished. There was some things stopping Georgie from being baptized before, I remember she told me before she would love to be baptized, but it would be in a few years, I always knew when those few years would come that she would be ready, and I always had the biggest desire to see and be there to witness Georgie entering the waters of Baptism, well those few years became a few months, things happened and changed and she was able to be baptized, I so happy I could see that wonderful day, although the last few weeks have been the toughest weeks of my mission, I know that the adversary was working triple time, everything that could go wrong went wrong, but we were determined and giving it our all, we were not going to let anything stop her special day from happening as she had such a desire to be baptized, so when that day came, the Sunday just gone was the best, she is a incredible Mother, who will go on and do many amazing and wonderful things, and I'm so pleased and proud of her for the steps that she has taken in her life to get to where she is now, I'm excited to think of the steps that she will continue to take and how she will continue to grow in the gospel :) 

Also yesterday must have been one of the most craziest days of my mission, what a way to spend my last day in EMP, so the car keys ended up getting stuck on top on the roof of the house haha, which was over 20ft up...................................................Don't even ask hahahahahah. I will leave everyone guessing how my good friend from Idaho managed that ;) we were just all cracking up so much, you see in situations where car keys end up on top of the roof at night, down worry, just relax and watch 4 missionaries come up with the most ridiculous ideas to get that down....................I want you all to try to imagine some of the crazy things we done. 
We ended up sprinting to the chapel on the look out for a 20ft ladder, but when to our surprise, but a 20ft Ladder, was there in front of our eyes, we don't even know how, all I know is the Lords timing is perfect :) The man chucked the ladder in the back of the Ute and of we were to fetch the keys, eventually we got them :) 
Then after we got the keys I went and visited people to say my final goodbye, well actually just a see you later :) 
I'm excited for Amir who is being baptized in 2 weeks and I'm grateful that I was able to teach him the lessons, I'm excited for this new week with my new companion we are going to go and smash the work in camp hill and watch miracles happen. 
I also last week, had an amazing and lovely opportunity to Skype home to my family, I just Loved every second and I did not want it to end, It was so great to see everyone, and they are all doing so well, It was Fathers day, on Sunday also and It is also my little sisters 16th Birthday tomorrow, time to get the shotgun out ;) I WISHED and WISH HER A VERY HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY :) I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to Skype back home, I have the best family in the world who I cherish and love so dearly, who mean everything to me, i'm so thankful for them :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment