Sunday 2 February 2014

Great Week for the Gospel Down Under

I had a great week this week!!! It went super well, and the work is Cranking here, one of the other words I have been using!!!! But the work is going really well here!!!We had 7 Investigators come to church yesterday!! Smashed it!! It was so awesome to see them all there :) They really enjoyed it, we hoped for 10 investigators to come, but We were so pleased when 7 came!!! :) Hopefully we can have that many come again this week, or more, and Transfers is happening again this next Sunday. So you know I told you about the woman the other week, who I was thought was drunk, and well we have been teaching here family, I set a baptismal date with her daughter and her friend and they will be getting baptized on the 1st of March :) It was so awesome, we had a great lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ :) So also this week a cool thing happened, I was able to go in this Jeep Cherokee, that had been done up and had, all the seats taken out except for the front 2 and the rest of the inside of the car was a massive Speaker, with mini Speakers around it, we got in closed the doors and the owner wanted to give me the full experience of the 4 massive sub-woofers in the back, it's about 5,500 watts all together, which is crazy. Also we had Trade-offs and I went with my Tongan Friend Elder Fifita!!!!!!!!! He is the man, We had a great time!!!!!!!! and then we went on Splits in the evening, so I went with a guy from Elder Fifita's ward and he had been a member just under 2 years and So have I and we taught a guy who has been a member for one year, but just less Active, and he needed to be re-taught, so we taught him the Plan of Salvation, and we all had such an awesome chat about joining the church :) So We met some people from El Salvador this week, different families in different locations, It was super random, but i learnt the other week, My Name is Elder King, I'm from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Spanish, so that was really cool, I was able to use it to introduce myself, I'm still practicing my Spanish :) and I got to learn a few basic words in Afrikaans and it was weird as the guy that taught me served in South Africa, he is 27, but one of my good friend's back home was his District Leader when he served :)  I have to get going now! I hope that you have an amazing week and that everything goes well.  -Sam XX

No comments:

Post a Comment