Monday 10 February 2014

Transfers and Baptism Plans

So My week has been awesome, I did not go to Transfer Meeting as I'm staying in Eight Mile Plains which I'm super happy about, I will be here for a while, Elder Naumann is staying as well, but this will be his last transfer here, which means I will stay again most likely :) I just had to sort out a load of things, we had to move all the furniture in the flat as we are have got to new elders in here with us, they are both part of the Chinese programme :) They are super awesome, one is a new missionary, and the other one, I was with in the Gold Coast, but did not live with him! Now I'm the only one in the flat not from Utah hahaha not from the Factory!!! 3 Utah white boys, my worst nightmare hahaha!!!!  The last week of a Transfer is always interesting as there is so much to do, especially if you leave and want to say goodbye to everyone, but it was super good we done heaps and taught heaps of lessons :) So Some really great news is that Chelsie, and her friend Neve are still super excited about baptism on the 1st of March. :) Chelsie is the daughter of Kelly, who has that disability, I never knew that stopping Kelly on the street that night, would lead to her daughter wanting to be baptized and all and then her friend happening to be sitting in on the lessons and her wanting to be baptized etc :) So amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! So Chelsie, has also gone through a lot, she is 15, coming on 16 in April,  well I has a massive phone conversation with her yesterday, and This whole church concept to her is so exciting and all :) Like it really means a lot to her, and when we were talking on the phone, she was on about how grateful, she is that we are here and I was on about how thankful I am to be able to teach her, I will be baptizing on the 1st of March, So it is super exciting :) I have never baptized anyone before But I can't wait!!!! I know she will be blessed exceedingly for this decision and especially at the age she is doing it at. I also explained about the church uni's in America, and how many doors will open to her when she joins :)
So this week there was also a Presidency Broadcast going on across the Pacific, so Australia, NZ, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Solomon Islands etc :) just addressing about the work in these areas :) It was really great!!!!!!!! I always enjoy the broadcasts as it also gets the members, more involved in the work and they always seem to step it up afterwards :) 
So, I have been obsessed with Languages lately as you can probably tell hahaha, I Love learning words from different languages especially cheeky words haha, but like just basic greeting like Hello, How are you and I'm now able to do it in 54 Languages. People Love it as well and it always makes them smile, I Love to make people laugh and smile hahaah!!!!!
So also we have been teaching this man English, the one from Iraq and in exchange he has been teaching us Arabic, but I have been learning about fast like surprisingly quick, as I have the best teacher a man from Iraq who can only speak Arabic, mainly and it was soo awesome. In the week, I knocked on a door and a woman came out she looked like she was from the Middle East and all, and I asked where she was from she said Iraq and I just started speaking Arabic to her, I asked her in Arabic, can I Please have a drink, and then she replied come, in, and we started speaking and she was impressed, then I said in Arabic, 'We teach about Jesus Christ' and when she feeds us, I'm able to say things like this food is delicious, Your house is very nice, is there anything we can do to help you at all? It was lovely meeting you, have a great rest of your day etc, she was shocked, then asked me where learned to speak Arabic, I said, well I don't know that much but I'm learning of my friend from Iraq :)

No comments:

Post a Comment