Tuesday 19 November 2013

Transferred to North Brisbane!!!!

 Transfers were awesome, I'm emailing you from my new area I have just got to! So my New area is called Bracken Ridge and I'm in the Brisbane North Zone, My new companion is from Limu Peru :) He has been out for 4 months, so I'm follow up training him and also we have both been what is called white-washed into a new area, an area we have both never served in so we are going to have to start from the area book and smash the work, I can't believe that I have finally left the GC the Gold Coast! But I'm excited from this new Transfer. I live with the Zone Leaders here now! I have to unpack later , that is how fresh I'm to this area :) Amery I can't believe I have been out for HALF A YEAR tomorrow :)  the 6th Month Mark I'm going to burn one of my ties I think :) and then at a year a shirt or something! The Gold Coast was soooo awesome to serve!!!  I'm really excited for this Transfer Its going to make me a good missionary I feel I'm the senior companion and as he has just been trained I'm going to help him as much as possible, we are both in a new area, we have a baptism coming up on the 15th of December, I can see myself really stepping up in  the next few weeks!  So I would burn a tie at 6 months and a shirt at 12 as it is like a tradition, there are some crazy missionary traditions but i think it would be pretty cool, we down a shirt for my mate's 12 month mark back in Burleigh! at the end of your service you burn your suit, I don't think i would do that I like my suits hahaha!  I can't believe it has been 6 months at first it was really tough and it still has been, but my mission keeps on getting better and better! I will deff keep up working my hardest, I have some awesome news which meant a lot to me, so when I was in the Gold Coast, I was working with a Less-Active woman from England, I had been working with her for a few months and i made a promise with her, I said 'Bev, you have to promise me, that on my Last Sunday here on the Gold Coast, you have to come to church with me' well she has not had anything to do with the church or been to church in over 30 years which is a super long time, well I was working with her and she came to church for the first time in over 30 years! I was so happy! I had dinner with her yesterday to say Goodbye :) She is 51 :) I have to get going now!! Love, Elder Sam King XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment